79% of ProBlogger readers identify ‘finding time to blog’ as one of their biggest challenges.
Last year I ran a survey among ProBlogger readers to identify what the biggest challenges that bloggers face are. A number of common themes emerged – one of the strongest can be summed up in these comments from readers:
- I just don’t have time to blog like I know I should
- I can barely post once a week… how do you guys do it?
- After a day of work, kids and keeping a house running my blogging is getting neglected
‘Finding Time to blog’ was a massive emerging theme among ProBlogger readers. Other issues around productivity, effective use of time, questions about out sourcing and more were also common.
As a result I immediately sat down with my team here in Melbourne and we began to plan for a resource to help bloggers become more effective with the limited time that they have available to them.
The Creation of Blog Wise: How to Do More with Less
ProBlogger editor – Georgina Laidlaw – began a series of interviews with successful bloggers. We put together a list of 9. The criteria was that we wanted to find people who had full lives yet who also managed to create great blogs and social media presences.
The result is a fantastic new PDF eBook – Blog Wise.
Featured Bloggers in Blog Wise
We ended up with a fascinating mix of bloggers who not only had great blogs but who also managed family life, other employment, extensive travel, other businesses and more. Here’s who you’ll find contributing to this eBook:
- Heather Armstrong: Founder of Dooce, author of numerous books, mother of 2 kids (and 2 dogs)
- Brian Clark: Founder of CopyBlogger Media which includes CopyBlogger the blog, StudioPress Themes, Premise, Scribe and more.
- Amy Porterfield: author, prolific on Social media, contributor to numerous blogs, speaker, Mom and much more.
- Abby Larson: Founder of Style Me Pretty – a network of 12 sites which she manages with her husband Tait.
- Matt Kepnes: Founder of Nomadic Matt’s Travel Site – constantly on the road travelling
- Jeff Goins: blogging at Goins Writer, writing a book, husband and…. he works a full time job
- Gretchen Rubin: Founder of the Happiness Project blog, author of 4 books, wife and mother of 2 daughters.
- Leo Babauta: Founder of Zen Habits and numerous other projects, author, minimalist and father of 6 kids.
- Darren Rowse (me): owner of Digital Photography