Most businesses at some point will ask themselves if it is better to keep their social media account management internal or to outsource it. Here are 7 reasons to consider outsourcing your social media account management to a professional.
- Save time – While social media marketing may not cost as much as other types of marketing in direct dollars it can take a daunting amount of time to do properly. That time may be better spent running your core business.
- Thoroughness – A professional social media manager will have a complete understanding of all the daily, weekly and monthly tasks needed to keep your social media effort running like a well oiled machine.
- Focus your social media marketing effort – A professional social media manager will be able to identify and recommend which social media communities are most suited to your organization/products thereby maximizing your efforts and avoiding communities where you may not be effective or even wanted.
- Avoid social media blunders – Social media has its own rules of etiquette that may not be immediately obvious to an outsider and they are constantly changing. A professional social media manager will help you avoid stubbing your toe or worse in the social media world.
- More efficient use of resources – A professional social media manager will have time saving tools and techniques to accomplish tasks thereby making more efficient use of your social media budget.
- Monitor your social media reputation – A professional social media manager will be able to monitor your reputation in the social media world. Slow response to customer service or quality problems can let minor problems snowball into major ones.
- Quickly grow your social media following – A professional social media manager will have tools and techniques for identifying the best potential fans and followers for your organization/product and recruiting them into your social network.