It is the end of the year, and time for a little fun.
What’s the funniest, weirdest, or most surprising thing someone has bought through one of your affiliate links on Amazon?
I was trawling through my Amazon Associates reports yesterday to see what items were selling, and here’s my list of the funniest things people have bought in 2010 (note: the following links are all affiliate links):
Warning: #1 is a little NSFW. Please look away if you’re easily offended. It certainly made me blush.
- Jimmyjane Little Platinum Eternity Vibrator with Diamonds – this one made me laugh out loud, both because of what it was, and because a little over 8% of $3250 is nothing to be sneezed at! Interestingly my tracking links show that the sale came after someone clicked a link here on ProBlogger. I don’t know who bought it but I hope you have a very merry Christmas.
- Lobster Pot Adult Costume (pictured here) – someone’s gearing up to surprise their family at Christmas lunch this year (this was bought in the last week).
- Perky Pet 209 “Our Best” 30 Ounce Hummingbird Feeder – who would have thought there were enough 30 Ounce Hummingbird Feeders to have to differentiate this one by saying it’s the “best” one?
- Dart 31112212 Race Series 9.025 – if you’re looking for one of these engine blocks for your Chevy, you better hurry—they only have 2 left in stock! And they’re only $4662.27!
- Vampire Bites – I can’t express how disappointed I am to find that these are out of stock!
- Santa’s Lump of Coal Christmas Soap – as I compile this list the Santa Coal Soap is in the top 100 beauty products being sold on Amazon. I think that I could be in the wrong niche.
- Muscled Foot Model Articulated Extremity – no home should be without one … or two!
- iRobot Roomba Pet Series 562 Vacuum Cleaning Robot – I should get one of these to permanently follow my kids around.
- Classic Rowing Machine in Black Walnut Wood Accessories: Heart Rate Receiver – I do prefer my rowing machines to be in Walnut Wood.
- CS88BN – COLD STEEL NADACHI SWORD – probably bought by a blogger wanting to deal with trolls.
- Stern Pinball Iron Man™ Arcade Pinball Machine – I want one!
If nothing else, this list should prove the power of getting people in the door at Amazon