Next week (29th May) I’m running a special workshop at the Internet Conference on the Gold Coast here in Australia.
The workshop is titled – How to Blog Like a Pro – and you’ll get 4 solid hours of teaching in it – all delivered by me in a workshop limited to 40 people only.
The workshop has only previously been available to those signing up to the full 3 day conferences as an add-on but there are a few tickets still available and so I asked the organisers if we could sell them as a stand-alone ticket (i.e. you don’t have to come to the full 3 day event).
I’ll share how to get your discounted ticket ($75 off) below.
The Training will Cover
My goal with this day is to pack in as much information as possible – so come ready to learn!
1. My Story
2. Introduction to Blogging for your Business
- Why starting a blog is good for your online business
- Recommended tools and platforms for blogging
- Setting goals for Your blogging
- Identifying Your Blog’s Reader – the cornerstone of great blogging
3. How to develop a content strategy for your blog
- How different types of content will help you achieve different goals
- The Power of adding a Personal Touch into your blogging
- The 3 ‘I’s’ of creating effective blog content
- 9 types of compelling blog content
- Developing an Editorial Calendar for Your Blog
- The power of storytelling and how to collect them
4. How to build a readership for your blog
- ‘Build it and They Will Come’ doesn’t work
- 9 Steps to finding readers for your blog
- How to create content that people will want to share for you
- How blogging fits into your overall social media strategy
- 20+ techniques for finding new readers for your blog
5. How to deepen reader engagement and build community on your blog
- Why building community around your blog will take it to the next level
- How to convert first time visitors into long term readers
- 19 strategies for building community on your blog
- How to deal with Trolls
6. Monetizing blogs
- An Introduction to 37 ways to monetize blogs.
- I’m happy to take any questions through the day and after the workshop – I’ll hang around for an hour after if there are any questions you don’t get the chance to ask during the actual workshop.
7. Questions and Answers
Note: while #2 above is more focused on those who have an existing business that they want their blog to support