Yesterday I shared some tips for busy bloggers on how to find time to blog based upon a lot of questions I’ve had of late on that topic.
As part of that post I was intending on describing my own blogging routine – but on the spur of the moment decided to email a group of blogging friends to ask them to describe how they go about blogging.
Each have graciously allowed me to share their responses. I hope you find them as fascinating as I do.
My Question to these bloggers was: Can you give us a quick snapshot of your blogging schedule – when do you do it? Do you have a routine or is it more spontaneous?
Tsh Oxenreider from Simple Mom
I have a pretty set routine, simply because it is my job (that I also happen to love)—but that doesn’t mean I don’t also have lots of random things I need to do here and there, which I squeeze in with I can with three little kids. I typically write in the morning, since that’s my brain’s best time, and then I’ll fill in the gaps with tasks that don’t take as much brain power for me. Every day is different, to be honest, but here’s a typical day for me:
- 6 am—Wake up, personal time, coffee, writing time (if my toddler doesn’t wake up).
- 7:30-9:00 am—Breakfast with the family, get the kids ready for the day and out to school.
- 9:00 am-1:00 pm—Work, work, work in my office at home while our babysitter is out in the rest of the house with the boys (my oldest is in school).
- 1:00 pm—My second goes to preschool and my youngest naps, so I either wrap up work or catch up on household stuff.
- 3:30 pm—Pick up kids from school, help with homework, start dinner, clean, and other typical mom stuff.
- 5:30 pm-8:30 pm—Dinner, baths, storytime, family time, bed.
- 8:30 pm-10:00 pm—Any combination of work catch-up (although I don’t write, I do more brainless stuff, like photo editing, email processing, etc.), but I prefer to do things like watch a movie or read a book.
I used to have a routine, now I write when I have something to say, and when I find time (which never seems to happen